"Wild and Precious Life"

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?"

http://reflectionsofrevelation.com/wild-precious-life-8x10/

Who decides to go live in a third world country for three months, and leave two days before their birthday? If you knew this person was about to turn 34, would you think they might be having a mid-life crisis? What advice would you give them?

I had no idea what I was getting myself into, and I am grateful I didn't.  It happened all so fast: the nudge to go, the final decision, the packing, the final moments. All too soon I was being dropped off at the airport and leaving the country! With four fully loaded suitcases, of course! I had only used my passport one other time, and this was the craziest thing I had ever done - up to that point!

Now, I look back at that time as one of the most challenging and growing seasons of my life.  It was in that foreign country, in the middle of nowhere Central America, that I had to face some of my deepest fears, find inner strengths I didn't know I possessed, and fall in love with a new side of me I had never known existed. It was seemingly the best of times,and the worst of times; it was sincerely stretching and fantastically amazing, all rolled into one. 

The biggest take-away for me from that time is that I am a powerful woman of God, who has a deep love for people, travel, photography, and encouragement.  My influence is bigger than I ever imagined, and I can do anything that is in His will for me to do.  No matter the obstacles, no matter the highs or lows, I will come out a winner if I am in the middle of His plan for me.  I am an over-comer and more than a conqueror! And I have it in me to spread His love, light, and encouragement wherever I go.

I had no idea all that was within me, sitting in that plane seat, staring out the window that day. Cruising over the Gulf of Mexico at 36,000 ft above sea level, I did not know what life would hold for me in Belize. But I am so glad I said yes and held on for the ride!

Life is worth living, no matter what! Live life to the fullest, and don't let fear hold you back from taking big risks and big leaps, because you just might be surprised at all the amazing outcomes.



"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" - Mary Oliver



Photo taken with iPhone 4, September 2013, flying to Belize.  
Copyrighted Reflections of Revelation.  
www.reflectionsofrevelation.com

Comments

  1. This is too rich with meaning for me. It's like taking a bite of an incredibly, deliciously rich food. Have to take small bites an savour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is too rich with meaning for me. It's like taking a bite of an incredibly, deliciously rich food. Have to take small bites an savour.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts