"Always Believe"

"Always Believe that Something Wonderful is About to Happen"

http://reflectionsofrevelation.com/always-believe-8x10/



Standing on the wooden dock that lazy afternoon, I heard the river calling out my name.  As the warm breeze floated by, and the old dock swayed gently back and forth, I was warmed by the summer sun, both inside and out.  The river, the Mighty Mississippi, beckoned me to dream deeply, and awakened my senses of hope and wonder again. 

My eyes stretched far upstream, catching a glimpse of the immense red train bridge, spanning the width of the river, between two great Midwestern states. I felt the raw graininess of the tow rope in my hands, pulled taunt by the little john boat brushing up against the dock. The only sounds I could hear were those of the water, lapping itself against the dock and  shore, and rushing by me on its journey south.

Anticipation of what the day would hold on the river grew within me, as I stood on the dock of the boat club. Waiting for my dad to return the old boat dolley back into the metal boathouse garage gave me a moment to breath it all in. Once he returned, we would rev up the engine and shove off, for a day of a fantastic balance of adventure and relaxation. I could hardly wait to see what this day would hold!

The river strengthened me that day, as it always does when I am near it. There is something wild and captivating about this dock, this view, this river, that reinforces my belief that just around the next bend, something wonderful is about to happen.

Never stop believing. Never loose that sense of wonder and awe. When the waters of life are swirling rough around you, when the breeze isn't gentle, when the way seems clouded, take a moment to just breathe.  Close your eyes.  Remember back to a time when it wasn't so dark and confusing.  The sun is shining and warm.  The water is cool and crisp.  Find a moment of summer in your season of winter.  Create it if you have to.  But know this, remember this, have hope for this: you have the choice to believe.  You have the option to believe that something wonderful is about to happen. At any time.  At any moment.  



Photo taken with iPhone 4, September 2014.  Burlington, IA.  
Copyrighted Reflections of Revelation.  
www.reflectionsofrevelation.com

Comments

Popular Posts