Double Rainbow over Pond 2013-2014

TITLE:Double Rainbow over Pond” 
DATA:     Belize, 2013-2014


Click here to see in Square
This was one of those fleeting moments in time that reflect so much more than any words could explain. This land was my home away from home for a season. It had been my first solo international flight to my first long-term stint in a foreign country. And this particular day had been dreary and wet with rain, all day. I was beginning to feel like the weather, downtrodden and homesick. I knew I was doing the right thing, but I just needed confirmation. I was collecting my thoughts and feelings in my journal when all of a sudden the sun burst through the clouds and I heard my name being called through the flimsy screen door. I ran out into the yard and looked up over the pond to see the most magnificent rainbow I had ever seen in my life. The colors were so vibrant and alive against the darkened sky. Much to my amazement, I watched the rainbow become a double rainbow, and for a few fleeting seconds, it branched out into a triple rainbow. My spirit was lifted and my soul felt joyful again as I realized that this was the sign I had been looking for. I felt peace wash over me as that rainbow lit up the late afternoon sky through the glistening raindrops. All was “right as rain” in my heart, and my silver lining had shown up in a most brilliant way that afternoon. 

Rainbow over Trees Belize
Rainbow over Treetops Belize

 







 

Photos taken with iPhone 4 in Belize, 2013-2014. 
Copyright retained by Amber John.

Work (Photos and writing)  may not be reproduced in any form without written consent of Amber John.

Comments

Popular Posts