Grand Canyon Views 2012

TITLE:Grand Canyon Views” 
DATA:     Grand Canyon National Park: Arizona, October 2012


Grand Canyon and River Ridge
Grand Canyon and Colorado River










Looking down into the vastness of the Grand Canyon, I let the feelings of awe and wonder wash over me. Ever since I was a little girl, I had always wanted to stand on the precipice of this wonder of the natural world. I would look at pictures in books and magazines, and dream of what it would feel like to see the colors and textures, so rich and big and beautiful. I had built up such an expectation of what I thought the views would be, that when I actually was standing there in person, I was almost disappointed with what my eyes beheld. I then realized I had had one specific point in my mind, and until I was standing at that point, my heart would not be satisfied. So my sister obliged my fancy, and we actually stopped at every point, except one, along the South Rim, snapping picture after picture after picture. And then the moment happened, at Moran Point; I saw what my soul had been longing to see – The Grand Canyon, as my mind's eye has pictured it – in all its splendor and majesty and glory, with the Colorado River ducking and weaving right through it. Something deep down inside of me was satisfied that day, as I drank in the view, my view, from that rocky ledge, and I am forever grateful to my sister for causing one of my childhood dreams to be fulfilled.

Grand Canyon and River Moran Point



Photos taken with iPhone 4 in Arizona, October 2012. 
Copyright retained by Amber John.

Work (Photos and writing)  may not be reproduced in any form without written consent of Amber John.


Comments

Popular Posts