"What If..."

"What if I fall? Oh darling, what if you fly?"

http://reflectionsofrevelation.com/what-if-you-fly-11x14/


This day of adventuring will always be etched into my mind and soul.  Here I am, gliding on a wind current, staring from my hot air balloon basket, to another of the hot air balloons in our unit.  We must look like this to them - a colorful bouquet drifting in the early morning sky, in the middle of Sedona, Arizona.  It was magical.

I have to admit, I was not afraid for one second to get up into that basket and take off in the balloon.  I have done things since this that have caused me a moment or two of hesitation, but not this time.  Not this trip - I was just too excited to make a dream come true.  Or it was just too stupid early to be able to recognize the fear...no, it was the excitement, indeed, the excitement.

But how many times in life do we let ourselves focus on the negatives, the fears, the nagging "what ifs"?  What if I look stupid? what if I loose it all? What if I'm not successful? What if I get rejected? What if...what if...what if...?

They poke.  They stifle.  They nag.  They terrorize.  They paralyze.  The steal, kill, and destroy. 

But here's a new list what if to ponder.

What if we acknowledged the list of what ifs for just a mere moment.  We might fall, fail, be embarrassed, loose it all. Those may be real possibilities.  But, instead of letting them stop us, what if they let us prepare for the success? What if we prepared for the sale, the acceptance, the cash flow, the flip side to the normal what if jogging through your brain.

What if you succeed? Dr. Seuss says it's 98 and 3/4 percent guaranteed*.  Like the proverbial dog chasing the hubcap, what will you do when you catch it?

So, what if you fly?  What then? What is your plan then? what will be your next move forward? Begin to change your thoughts from the negative to the positive...and stop looking at the ground, because you were built to fly!

 
*taken from "Oh, the Places You'll Go, Dr. Seuss


Photo taken with iPhone 4, September 2012, Arizona. 
Copyrighted Reflections of Revelation. 
www.reflectionsofrevelation.com
 

Comments

Popular Posts